Saturday, January 5, 2013

Mustard Basted Ham Jerky


Oh my goodness. I just happened to have some ham that I bought for something else and wanted some jerky. I can only praise these little bits of joy highly because I had almost nothing to do with it. This has to be one of the best snacks ever and the ham tastes almost like bacon when it crisps up.  

Ingredients:
½ pound medium sliced ham, cut into 1 inch wide by 4 inch strips (I used a packaged, hickory smoked, sliced ham)
About 1/8 cup prepared mustard (Squeeze jar mustard makes this easy peasy)


Directions: Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with foil and spray them with cooking spray. Place the strips of ham on the sheets, nestling them close together, but not touching. Bake for 30 minutes, flip and bake for another 12 minutes. Flip and coat the top sides thinly with mustard (you can use a brush or the back of a spoon for this). Bake for another 15 minutes and let cool before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment