Thursday, March 14, 2013

Bacon, Banana and Pecan Pancakes


For some reason, I just had a craving for something like this. I'm so glad I did.

Ingredients:
1 really ripe medium banana, mashed
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 ½ cups baking mix (like Bisquick®)
½ cup chopped pecans
6-8 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled (microwave ready bacon is your friend once again)
2 teaspoons canola oil
Butter and maple syrup for serving

Directions: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the banana, milk and brown sugar. Stir in the baking mix and then stir in the pecans and bacon. Put the oil on a griddle and use a paper towel to spread it to a very thin coating of oil. Heat the griddle to medium-low to medium (my dial goes from 1-9 and I used a 3 setting. Don’t have a griddle? A nice, big skillet works, too. To test the griddle to see if it’s ready, fling a few drops of water on it from your fingers. If the water droplets dance and the oil is hot but not smoking, you are ready.  Ladle the pancake mix onto the griddle (hey, you determine the size) and cook until bubbles form on the top, about 1 minute. Flip and cook just a bit more, maybe a minute. To see if the bottoms are to your liking, just flip a ‘test’ pancake over and check it. Serve with butter and maple syrup.

Note: I used a ¼ cup ladle and this recipe made 13 pancakes for me. Odds are that I will put peanut butter on some of them and roll them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment