Sunday, July 27, 2014

Prosciutto Wrapped Melon with Parmesan Shavings



Ok, so no real recipe here. My local grocer just ran an ad stating that if you bought the 3 ounce package of Volpi® prosciutto they would give you a ripe, juicy cantaloupe for free. I am SO into this-gimme now! The cashier-who is about my age-has no idea what is going on and asks me why the prosciutto is paired with cantaloupe. This is what I told her:

Ingredients:
Buy the prosciutto and the melon, along with a block of good parmesan cheese. Maybe some fresh mint (if you don’t grow it) but mint is optional.

Directions: Peel and seed the cantaloupe. Slice the fruit into long strips. Wrap each slice with a piece of prosciutto. Toss on some shaved parmesan cheese and maybe a few torn mint sprigs.

Yup, that’s it. So simple, so beautiful, so decadent.

Notes: My friend Rick G and his beautiful bride Sharon introduced me to this incredible luxury at their wedding reception back in the day. Thank you both so much! If you renew your vows anytime soon, can we have this again?

Also, if you can ever get your hands on some Volpi salumi, no matter what kind, do so. It is incredible. Here’s the link: http://www.volpifoods.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment