Saturday, November 2, 2013

Painted and Grilled Flank Steak



So, I found flank steak on sale and wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I decided I just wanted to enhance the beefy flavor and not really change what the steak was, so I came up with this. I love the flavor bomb you get when you first bite into a piece-it's deep and rich. Also, the neighbors are saying it smells great as it grills!

Ingredients:
For the paint:
2 teaspoons ground espresso powder
1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
½ teaspoon ground chipotle powder
½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
½ teaspoon garlic salt
1 Tablespoon molasses (blackstrap if you have it)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons olive oil

For the steak:
1 (1 ½ to 2 pound) flank steak

Directions: Combine all ingredients for the paint in a small bowl. Paint both sides of the steak and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Preheat grill to medium high heat and grill the steak for 5-6 minutes on each side (until medium rare-longer if you want medium). Let the steak rest for a few minutes and then slice it against the grain. I’m serving mine with simple tomatoes and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.






No comments:

Post a Comment