Sunday, May 5, 2013

Grecian Garden Cottage Cheese

I remember having cottage cheese delivered by the milkman every morning, fresh from the dairy. It was a glorious thing. One of the varieties was a garden style cottage cheese with lots of fresh veggies. I didn’t appreciate that much when I was 8, but I sure do remember it. Today I was looking for a wrap or pita stuffing and I thought this might be nice. It is. This one you have to do by yourself, I’ll just give some guidelines. Use what you like in the quantities that you like.

Ingredients:
2 cups cottage cheese
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
¼ cup pepperoncini peppers, chopped
½ cup sweet bell pepper, chopped (I used orange, because I had them)
¼ cup green onions, chopped (red onion would be even more traditional)
¼ cup kalamata olives, chopped
2 teaspoons capers, chopped
2-3 teaspoons Greek seasoning (if you don’t have this on your spice rack, do yourself a favor and get some)

Directions: Couldn’t be simpler, just toss everything together and let sit for an hour or so to give the flavors a chance to know each other. Top with plain tuna, stuff into a pita with fresh spinach or lettuce (maybe some tomato and cucumber), pile on crackers, stuff into veggies, whatever you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment