Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Funfetti® Cake Dough Protein Dip


I was in the mood for something like a sugar cookie or vanilla cake, but I want to be a little bit healthier. I found recipes for edible cake dough bites and dips, but they all used lots of butter, cream or even mashed beans. I wanted something very creamy and flavorless for the base, so I chose tofu and it worked wonderfully. Trust me, nobody will guess this is made with tofu. Also, light tofu has lots of protein and very little fat. Tip: if you make this ahead, don’t add the sprinkles until you are ready to serve-the colors can run a bit. PS-this isn't a huge bowl of dip. I just mistakenly bought the mini graham bears. 

Ingredients:
½ of a 16 ounce package of light, soft, silken tofu
1 cup Funfetti® cake mix
1 scoop (about 3 Tablespoons) vanilla protein powder
¼ teaspoon butter flavoring (optional)
1 Tablespoon almond milk
2 Tablespoons sprinkles

Directions:
Using an electric mixer, combine the tofu, cake mix, protein powder, butter flavoring (if using) and almond milk.

Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Stir in the sprinkles and place in a bowl. Serve with graham bears, pretzels, apple slices, whatever.



No comments:

Post a Comment