Monday, January 18, 2016

Steak Flavored Roasted Chickpeas



This is a seriously good snack for anybody who likes crunchy, salty, and crispy things. I admire all the people who roast their chickpeas with exotic seasonings, but I like a simple approach.  Oh, and these little beauties have a lot less fat and much more protein and fiber than chips. Just sayin’.

Ingredients:
2 (15.5 ounce) cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas) drained and rinsed.
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon steak seasoning (I like Montreal Steak or Chicago Steak seasoning)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Toss the drained chickpeas and olive oil together on the baking sheet and sprinkle with the steak seasoning. Toss everything together with your fingertips and bake for 1 hour (add an extra 15 minutes if you want them really crunchy), stirring halfway through. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.


Just so you know, I am only posting calories, fat and fiber information on here for myself. I always need to come back to what I am doing and why. This helps me a great deal, so I hope you can bear with me when I say that chickpeas (which I haven’t learned to like raw—yet) are kind of nutritional powerhouses. A half cup of raw chickpeas has 120 calories, 2 grams of fat and 6 grams of fiber. 

No comments:

Post a Comment