Friday, June 20, 2014

Hot Cheese and Bacon Mexican Corn Dip


I don’t know about you, but in every group I host, I have what I call the “Saints” and the “Sinners”. In accordance with the wishes of my family and friends who prefer to be plant-based and gluten free, I have the Mexican Corn Relish recipe. For the “Sinners” in the group (me!) I offer this version of the same recipe (without a lot of extra effort): hot, cheesy and with Bacon!

Ingredients:
2 ½ cups Mexican Corn Relish, well drained
¾ cup mayonnaise
¾ cup sour cream
1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
4 strips bacon, cooked, crumbled and divided

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a shallow 1 ½ quart casserole dish (hey, just use a pie pan if it’s easier) with cooking spray and set aside.


Combine the corn relish, mayo, sour cream, 1 cup of the cheddar and 3 strips of the bacon together in a bowl. Pour into the prepared casserole dish and top with the remaining cheddar. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Garnish with the remaining piece of bacon if you didn’t eat it already. Serve with corn chips, sturdy tortilla chips or pita chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment