Sunday, November 6, 2016

Cheddar-Bacon-Horseradish Dip


I can’t believe I haven’t posted this dip before. It is one of my family’s favorite things. I think the name says enough, so I’ll just stop right here.

Ingredients:
½ pound of bacon
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
¼ cup horseradish
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Chopped green onions  and additional crumbled bacon for garnish (optional)

Directions:
Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Drain the bacon on a paper towel lined plate and drain off all but 1 Tablespoon of the drippings.

Add the chopped onion to the drippings in the skillet and cook until just translucent. Let cool slightly.

In a mixing bowl, stir together the mayo, sour cream, horseradish and cheddar cheese. Crumble the bacon and throw that into the bowl along with the cooked onions.

This dip is great right after it is made, warmed up or even cold.


Corn chips seem to be the preferred dipper, by the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment